Last Week of Trading
That is right, this trading week is the last for the year 2021. We're on to a good start with all major indices adding gains to today's session.
- Today: All 11 sectors finished with positive gains.
- Best sector: Energy up 2.20% to 56.11.
- Worst sector: Utilities up 0.49% to 70.06
- VIX continues to stay below the 20s. It's down 1.56% to 17.68.
- Crude oil /CL adds 0.49% to 75.94.
- TNX down 0.80% to 14.81.
- TYX down as well 1.0% to 18.86.
- $SPY adds 6.66 points (1.42%) closing at $477.26; higher than the 30-day simple moving average and the 9-day exponential moving average.
- Relative strength index rises to 64.16; higher than our 60.35 resistance marker. If you recall, last week, the RSI closed lower than this marker and I was worried. Today, we saw a continuation of the uptrends from last week.
- Volume is flat at 56.6M from last week's 56.4M.
Disclaimer: I am not a professional investment adviser and my opinions are based on my own technical analysis. Please consult an investment professional before making investment decisions.