Just like that, we are back to red light green light game. The Technology and Consumer Discretionary stocks weighed down the $SPY today. Welcome aboard the whipsaw bus, if you look out to your left, you will see the Bearish Town.
- $NVDA is down 6.50%.
- Both $PTLO and $TSLA down over 5%.
- $AAPL down 3.93% (last in $DJI).
- $MSFT down 2.91% (next to $AAPL in $DJI).
- $VZ up 4.33%.
- Today: 8 of 11 sectors are up.
- Best sector: Financials up 1.26% to 39.46
- Worst sector: Technology down -2.83% TO 169.01
- VIX climbed back to the 20s up 6.64% to 20.57.
- Crude oil /CL is up 1.44% to 71.89.
- TNX is down 2.80% to 14.22.
- TYX is up 0.32% to 18.61
- $SPY retreats back today to close at 466.45. It's still higher than the 9 and 20 exponential moving average; and higher than the 30-day simple moving average.
- Relative strength index finished at 52.22 in contrast to 58.27 from yesterday; higher than our 44.66 support.
- Volume retreats as well today compared to yesterday.
Disclaimer: I am not a professional investment adviser and my opinions are based on my own technical analysis. Please consult an investment professional before making investment decisions