Good afternoon. I can't say it's a happy Monday as you'll see in the numbers below. Inflation remains in the headlines today along with Omicron.
All major indices are down with NDX taking the brunt of it down 1.53% followed by RUT down 1.42%.
We added the DOW movers segment below for the first time.
Have a great week ahead.
- Best: KO up 2.63% at 57.76.
- Worst: BA down 3.74% at 197.40.
- 7 of 11 sectors are down today.
- Best sector: Real Estate XLRE up 1.38% at 49.85.
- Worst sector: Energy XLE down 2.78% at 55.65.
- VIX is up 8.67% at 20.31.
- Crude oil /CL is down 0.67 at 71.19.
- TNX is down 4.37% at 14.24.
- TYX is down 3.82% at 18.12.
- SPY opens lower today and closed a few decimal points from Friday's low.
- Relative strength index dips to 53.77.
- Volume today is a tad bit higher than Friday's and above the average.
Disclaimer: I am not a professional investment adviser and my opinions are based on my own technical analysis. Please consult an investment professional before making investment decisions.